3.8.09

What the sea wants, the sea gets.







This is what happens to photo shoots that don’t work.

Some things we plan, we sit and we invent and we plot and cook up,

But not all these well-rehearsed visions of exaggerated life I call photo shoots go well. Take this little shoot I call “what the sea wants, the sea gets”.

It all started with a simple idea, to stretch myself as a hairstylist, to go further than just a pretty haircut on a pretty girl. And then it came to me, what if I photographed a girl underwater, her hair would float majestically in the big blue yonder.

I got all excited and organized a photographer that was willing and able, and a few beautiful people in a family friends pool.

We thought we could pitch the photo to Levi, Mount Franklin Water, any hair care companies et al.

 And this is what happened. 

The hair extensions that I carefully placed in the models hair kept coming out. So after a couple of frames the model had to come out of the pool, and get the hair extensions back in her hair. We sent the image to everyone, Levi, Globe, Mooks, Nudie Jeans, Aqua, Wella, L`Oreal, Mount Franklin to name a few. And not one company replied. Not one phone call, not one email.  On top of that, all involved with the shoot caught the cold, I mean everybody, the models, the photographer, the stylist, the assistants and myself all had to have four days off. And what went wrong is that is hard to convince people that I, in fact had spent hours doing hair for this shoot.

 And the shoot never went anywhere.

 All what remains is here for your viewing pleasure.






No comments:

Post a Comment